Can You Get a Methyclothiazide Prescription Online?
You can get a methyclothiazide prescription online by booking an appointment with PlushCare. When you book an appointment, you can often speak with a doctor on the same day. They can write or refill a prescription online and send it electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. Of course, your PlushCare doctor will evaluate your condition and determine whether or not methyclothiazide is right for you before writing or refilling a prescription.
What is Methyclothiazide?
Edema is a common condition caused by many things such as sprains and bee stings. Methyclothiazide however, is only prescribed for edema associated with heart, liver, or kidney problems; or steroid and estrogen therapy.
Can you get an Enduron prescription online? Enduron is a brand-name methyclothiazide but it was discontinued in the U.S., and you can no longer get an Enduron prescription. Another brand-name of methyclothiazide, Aquatensen, is still available.
How Does Methyclothiazide Work?
When salts in your diet are processed, many of them are reabsorbed into the body by the kidneys. Methyclothiazide acts on tubules in the kidneys and works by blocking the reabsorption of salts. Decreased salt retention stimulates urination, which is desirable for treating edema because it reduces fluid retention.
It is poorly understood how methyclothiazide and other diuretics work for treating hypertension.
Methyclothiazide Dosage and Treatment
Methyclothiazide can be taken as an oral tablet or as a compounding powder. Typical initial doses for various conditions are:
- Edema: 2.5 to 10 mg per day. Although methyclothiazide is prescribed for edema associated with heart, liver, and kidney problems; it is used with caution for patients with certain liver and kidney issues and dosages may be different.
- Hypertension: 2.5 to 5 mg per day. If 5 mg is not strong enough, another hypertension medication is added instead of increasing a methyclothiazide dose past 5 mg per day.
Benefits of Methyclothiazide
Methyclothiazide is effective in treating edema and hypertension, usually with minimal side-effects. Methyclothiazide and other thiazide diuretics work better for treating edema than loop diuretics such as Demadex. However, methyclothiazide and other thiazide diuretics do not work as well as loop diuretics for treating hypertension.
Early treatment of hypertension is extremely beneficial for preventing serious health issues such as stroke.
Book on our free mobile app or website.
Our doctors operate in all 50 states and same day appointments are available every 15 minutes.
See a doctor, get treatment and a prescription at your local pharmacy.
Use your health insurance just like you normally would to see your doctor.
Side Effects of Methyclothiazide
Severe allergic reactions to drugs are possible. Seek emergency care if you experience hives; rash; difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, or throat. An allergy to methyclothiazide is more likely if you are allergic to sulfonamide medications. Learn about allergy testing here.
Call your doctor and stop using methyclothiazide if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Symptoms of dehydration (dry mouth or throat; extreme thirst; muscle pain, cramps or weakness; confusion; decreased urination; difficulties urinating; and other symptoms)
- Jaundice (yellowing of eyes or skin)
- Rash, particularly one that blisters or peels
Less severe, more common side effects include:
- Increased urination (desirable)
- Upset stomach (constipation, pain, diarrhea, or loss of appetite)
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of all side effects. If you experience any troublesome side effects not listed here, speak with your doctor.
Considerations and Precautions of Methyclothiazide
There are 689 drugs known to interact with methyclothiazide, about 3% of these are severe. The most common or severe interactions happen with the following medications:
- Other hypertension medications
Methyclothiazide may be dangerous for people with certain conditions. Be sure to tell your doctor if you have:
- High cholesterol
- Inability to urinate or difficulty urinating
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Liver disease
- Kidney disorders
- Methyclothiazide can cause an increase in sensitivity to the sun. It helps to avoid extensive sunlight exposure and to wear sunscreen, sunglasses, and protective clothing.
- Dizziness and lightheadedness are worst after standing. Avoiding alcohol and standing up slowly helps mitigate these side effects if they are present.
- Blood pressure may need to be checked regularly while taking methyclothiazide.
- Pregnancy: methyclothiazide is unlikely to harm an unborn baby, but it does pass into breast milk. Talk with a doctor before using this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Can You Buy Methyclothiazide Online?
Many prescription medications, including methyclothiazide can be ordered online. However, there are many scam-pharmacies online that pose a threat to both your health and wallet.
Fortunately, there are reputable sites like PlushCare where you can talk to a doctor through an online appointment. If your doctor decides methyclothiazide is appropriate for you, they can write or refill a prescription online and help you choose a trustworthy online pharmacy.
The FDA has a guide for choosing an online pharmacy.
Book an appointment today to speak with a doctor and get Methyclothiazide prescribed online.